Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The Headquarters of My English Shenanigans

Bristol.
The headquarters of my English experience from this point forward.
The city I now call my temporary home.
The land I love.
… Though, let’s be honest… I’m only here because apparently ‘studying abroad’ includes actual studying… who knew! If it weren't for that minor detail, I would have no headquarters for my European shenanigans, but I am not complaining. I really have come to call this city home and it’s been truly great!

What makes it so great you ask? Let’s just start with the fact that my daily walk to classes, the grocery store, etc. now includes views like this:

 Wills Memorial Building (central campus)
Royal Fort Lodge 
(unfortunately surrounded by construction... sorry for the fence)

… like, no big deal! I just go to school in a castle. It’s whatever. 

I swear I’m just going to get used to gorgeous buildings like these and have withdrawals when I head back to the states.

Okay, so besides the truly amazing view that I can’t believe is now casually apart of my daily life, the people here are great. I live in a shared house with 15 other people. Obviously, coming into this, I was a little worried about how I would be received – barging in halfway through the year and whatnot – but I can honestly say that it has been amazing. Everyone here is so nice and welcoming. I've been here just over a month and we’re already a big family J The house is also super international. So, apart from the amazing Brits I was already expecting, we also represent Venezuela, Romania, Canada, Vietnam, China, Slovakia, and the Czech Republic. Needless to say, the Winter Olympics were well timed in my life. Fun little rivalries have been running rampant for the last few weeks J


The city is just great overall. I love the buildings, the people, and the fellow Californians from EAP I still hang out with all the time. Need I say more?

No comments:

Post a Comment